Fact: not all parents have time to work their magic in the kitchen. And that’s okay. The good news is that you don’t have to serve up extravagant, hours-long prepped meals for a fun, hearty mealtime with the family. For days when the schedule is packed, these easy ulam recipes can help build extra #pinaSARAP moments at home!
Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy
The Filipino version of Salisbury steak, burger steak refers to a juicy burger patty swimming in savory mushroom gravy. When you or the family find yourselves craving for this dish, know that you can easily prep this dish in under 25 minutes. And the kids can help shape the patties, too! Isn’t that a great way to insert some bonding fun in the kitchen? Check out the easy ulam recipe here.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- ¼ cup cooking oil
For the burger patty
- 500g ground pork
- 500g ground beef
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
For the mushroom gravy
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Quality Pieces and Stems Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 beef broth cube
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups water
- Combine all burger patty ingredients in a bowl. Shape patties from ½ cup scoops of the mixture.
- For the gravy, melt the butter in a pot. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 20 seconds before adding beef cube and garlic powder. Stir and cook until ingredients are well-mixed. Then separate the mushrooms from the juice and butter, pushing mushrooms to one side. Add flour to the butter and mix. Stir until flour turns light brown. Pour water and stir until flour mixture dilutes and reaches your preferred consistency. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Pan-fry patties on medium heat for 4 minutes on each side.
- Assemble plates with a cup of cooked rice, topped with 2 or 3 patties and a serving of mushroom gravy.
Quick Curried Chickpeas
Good with bread or with rice, all you need is 30 minutes for these flavorful and filling curried chickpeas! Great for snacking and serving for merienda while the kids indulge in their afternoon playtime around the house.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cans (225g) Mega Prime Quality Garbanzos, drained
- 500g tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- With olive oil over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in a large pot for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add garbanzos, tomato sauce, water and curry powder to the pot. Stir until everything is well-combined. Let the mixture simmer.
- Rinse cilantro and pull the leaves off of the stems. Chop leaves before adding to the pot. Stir and let it continue simmering for about 20 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Serve while hot.
What do you say when you want noodles in an instant? Pasta! Carbonara is one of the easiest pasta dishes to prepare. What’s more is that eating noodles in bowls gives you liberty to eat wherever you and the fam choose to! Take a break from the everyday lunch at the table and enjoy mealtimes in the yard or garden for a fresh view!
- 8 strips bacon, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 pork broth cube
- 1 can (198g) Mega Prime Quality Pieces and Stems Mushrooms, drained
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose cream
- ½ cup quick-melting cheese
- 400g cooked spaghetti or fettuccine noodles
- Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, throw in butter and pork broth cube. Add all-purpose cream and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and grated quick-melting cheese. Stir until sauce is thick.
- Turn off heat and add cooked pasta.
- Serve with crispy bacon on top or mixed in.
Lumpiang Shanghai is a versatile dish in that it can be for special occasions, but also great and quick to prep for regular days. Lumpiang Shanghai can be a snack, too! Try whipping up this batch for your next movie time with the fam.
Makes 12 to 15 rolls
- 250g ground lean pork
- 100g shrimp, minced
- ½ tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small singkamas, diced
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Quality Pieces and Stems Mushrooms, drained and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 parsley stalks (kinchay), minced
- 1 egg
- lumpia wrapper
- oil, for frying
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Mega Prime Choices Sweet Chili Sauce, for dipping
- Set aside oil and lumpia wrapper. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture and wrap in lumpia wrappers.
- Heat oil and fry lumpia until golden brown.
- Plate and serve with Mega Prime Choices Sweet Chili Sauce.
Read more recipes for #pinaSARAP bonding moments at home from Prime Mom Club, and enjoy more #pinaSARAP moments with all Mega Prime products available on Mega Global, Shopee and Lazada!
Thanks for new recipe🤗🤗🤗 #PRIMEMOMCLUB😇😇😇
thanks for the recipe
I like the Quick Curried Chickpeas for merienda..
I can’t wait to try this! Thank u for the recipe
Thank u for this recipe.ill try it soon❤❤❤