Found green peas in can during your pantry hunt? Whip up these 3 easy and #pinaSARAP green peas in can breakfast recipes for your kids. Green peas equals extra brain power for their morning online classes!
Green Pea Mini Pancakes
Serving up green-colored pancakes for breakfast may look weird, but it sure tastes delicious! Try this healthy alternative to your regular boxed pancakes.
- 1 cup Mega Prime Quality Green Peas, drained
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 50g Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- In a food processor, add Mega Prime Quality Green Peas, rolled oats, Greek yogurt, cream cheese and eggs. Process until a puree is formed, scraping down sides as necessary.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat cooking oil. Drop spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the pan and wait for bubbles to appear on the surface then flip. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
Eggs and Veggies Fried Rice
Nothing screams breakfast food more than fried rice with eggs and veggies! Serve the kids this yummy dish for a savory start to their day!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Mega Prime Quality Green Peas, drained
- ½ cup corn and carrots, thawed
- 2 cups day old rice
- 1 ½ tablespoons Mega Prime Choices Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, pour some cooking oil. Then add in Mega Prime Quality Green Peas, corn and carrots until cooked through. Push the vegetables on one side of the pan and pour in the beaten eggs on the other side and stir until a soft scramble begins to form.
- Add the rice and Mega Prime Oyster Sauce. Stir the rice evenly and gently mix. Add sesame oil and green onions then toss to coat. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
Baked Eggs with Green Peas and Bacon
Are the kids tired of the usual scrambled or sunny-side-up? Try this fun, new way to cook and serve eggs for breakfast!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 tablespoons parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup cooked crumbled bacon
- ½ cup Mega Prime Quality Green Peas
- Chopped green onion, for toppings
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheddar and parmesan. Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper. Then, put the cooked bacon and Mega Prime Quality Green Peas and mix until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into a pie dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly.
- Take it out of the oven and top with green onions. Enjoy!
Looking for more yummy green peas in can recipes from Mega Prime? Go ahead and check out our Green Peas Omelette recipe or our Veggie Fried Rice recipe. Get more #pinaSARAP moments with all Mega Prime products available on Mega Global, Shopee and LazMart!