What are the lutong bahay recipes inspired by international cuisine?
- Pandan Chicken
- Chicken curry
- Sweet and Sour fish
- Pork Tonkatsu
Sometimes the meals you serve during dinner can change according to the cravings of your family. While Filipino lutong bahay recipes taste great, your family has gotten used to them, and they may want food that is different from the usual. Here are some recipes as cooking tips for working moms inspired by international cuisine that you can serve at home!
Pandan Chicken is a very traditional Thai dish. It is made by frying chicken pieces, wrapped in pandan leaves. This not only gives added flavor and aroma, but it also keeps the meat tender enough to give you that satisfying flavor.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 6 pandan leaves chunks
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. of pepper
- 3 tbsp. of oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 11/2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- Mega Prime Garbanzos 225g
- In a plate, season the chicken breast chunks with salt and pepper.
- Proceed to mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar to make the marinade for the chicken. Marinade the chicken chunks for 1 hour.
- Wrap each chunk in one pandan leave by folding and inserting the leaves one by one before adding a toothpick on top to make it more secure.
- Heat a cooking pot and pour cooking oil in it.
- Deep fry the chicken until the color turns golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a suitable serving plate.
- Use Mega Prime Garbanzos as a side dish.
Curry is a staple sauce in India and can be paired with any meat, fish, and vegetable. This is also a famous dish in the Philippines but it is important to look back on its Indian descent. Indians use an herb that they call “kari”, and Here’s how you can prepare it with chicken:
- ½ kilo of chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 Tbsp of curry powder
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- Fry the chopped garlic cloves and onion in oil on a pan for 3 minutes on low heat before adding the chicken breasts. Cook everything for 4 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and curry paste into the pan. Stir the milk, until the paste has dissolved and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes onto the curry sauce. Cook everything for 3 minutes before serving.
Bulgogi is a Korean dish, that translates to fire-meat in English and its origin dates back to the Goguryeo era (37 B.C. to 668 A.D). While it has gone through many versions in its lifetime, the current Bulgogi created in 1992, is now cooked on a grill or stove like this easy to cook ulam. Try something new with this recipe, here’s how you can do it!
- 1 pound of beef sirloin strips
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp of honey
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 4 red chilies, sliced
- 1 cup of button mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- Mega Prime Kernel Corn
- Make the marinade by mixing soy sauce, sugar, and honey in a bowl.
- Leave the beef sirloin strips in the marinade for 2 hours.
- Fry onion and garlic cloves for 2 minutes in sesame oil, before adding in the marinated beef.
- Cook the meat, garlic, and onion for 15 minutes before adding the button mushrooms and red chilies.
- Cook everything for 3 minutes more before serving then include Mega Prime Kernel Corn for added flavor.
Sweet and Sour fish
Sweet and sour fish is a well-known Chinese easy to cook ulam in the Philippines. The original version of the sweet and sour sauce was only made of vinegar and sugar, but many variations of dish recipes have been created ever since. Now, you can try this with Mega Creations like the Spanish Sardines in Tomato Sauce and Oil. Here is how you can do this:
- 3 Bottles of Mega Creations Spanish Sardines in Tomato Sauce and Oil 225g
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp/ of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 11/2 cup of pineapple juice
- ½ cup of rice vinegar
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, crack and beat the eggs. Dip the fish fillets in the egg mixture before dipping in the flour mixture.
- Fry the fish fillets in oil for 4 minutes before placing it on a plate.
- Stir the pineapple juice, rice vinegar, and ketchup in a hot pan until a sauce is formed.
- Pour the sauce to the fish before serving.
Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish made with western influence, as it theorized to either be inspired by either the German schnitzel or Milanese escalope. The name also combines two words ton (pig) and katsu (cutlet), the abbreviation for katsuretsu. While there are many ways to enjoy this piece of meat, you should go for the simplest method from this lutong bahay recipe; eating it with Tonkatsu sauce.
- 5 slices of pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, cracked
- 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp of oyster sauce
- ⅓ cup of ketchup
- 1 ½ tsp of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 3 Tbsp of oil
- Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms
- Place the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- With a knife, tenderize your pork slices by pounding each with a knife and season each with salt and pepper.
- Dip each slice in flour, egg, and then breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat and then fry the sides of each pork slice for 3 to 5 minutes each before putting them on a plate.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter before adding ketchup, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir until sauce is formed.
- Spice it up a little by adding Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms as a side dish.
Meals from different countries can be great to cook for your family because these recipes can introduce them to new flavors. In this article, you will be able to cook different lutong bahay recipes inspired by international cuisine with easy-to-get ingredients. The next time you are on your way to a trip to the supermarket, why not think about preparing these recipes for dinner?