When it comes to gatherings and family occasions, two things are at the top of every Prime Mom’s list: to serve meals that will delight, and to make sure that everyone enjoys the event. If you find yourself overwhelmed with holiday chores and need a boost in planning for Noche Buena, these Prime Mom Club tips will help.
Prime Mom Club Tips for Noche Buena
For most moms, Christmas Eve is both a time to be merry and a time to be stressed. Because on top of the usual holiday chores of gift shopping, wrapping presents and decorating for the season, there’s that pressure to do well in putting Noche Buena together. But hey, we’re here to help ease things up. For planning and hosting Noche Buena, make sure to keep with these Prime Mom Club tips.
Set a Budget
Don’t be swayed by the cheerful jingles on TV and in public places especially in malls and grocery stores. In fact, before heading to any store, make sure to get some quiet time to work on finances. Nothing can ruin Christmas more than overspending! So to avoid it, set a budget. What amount works for you considering factors such as the actual health of your savings and how many people will be invited over for Noche Buena.
Work with a Theme in Mind
If you haven’t yet, decide on a theme for Christmas Eve. Is it a Golden Christmas this year? Perhaps a Winter Wonderland? Maybe a Lush Frozen Forest for the plantitos and plantitas? While themes may seem like extra work, having one sets the mood for your guests, and helps make some of the holiday decisions easier. Decorations and what to have for Noche Buena spread are quicker to plan, for example.
What’s your theme this year, Prime Moms? Drop your answers in the comments!
Plan Your Menu
After you’ve finalized your budget, you can now ideate on what you’ll be serving for Noche Buena. Considerations should include the theme of your gathering, the number of guests, your family’s favorite dishes, as well as food allergies if there are any. If your party is a potluck, don’t forget to consider what your guests may be bringing in.
In terms of what specific dishes you can serve, the choices and possibilities are endless. You can serve a well-loved family recipe, a modern dish, or one with your very own twist. Make sure that your menu covers that basic course of appetizer, main and desert.
Here’s a simple recipe for a Paskong Easy Sarap main dish:
Pork Belly & Mushrooms
- 1kg pork belly
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms, drained
- 1 red long pepper, sliced
- 1 green long pepper, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (for topping)
- 1 small red hot chili pepper, cut into small pieces (for topping)
For the seasoning:
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cooking wine
- 1 tbsp. water
- Boil a large pot of water over high heat. Add in pork belly. After 5 minutes, remove the pork belly. Drain and cut into thick slices.
- In a separate container, combine soy sauce, sugar, cooking wine and water.
- Heat a pan over medium to high heat. Pan fry the slices of pork without oil for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Use half of the oil produced from the pork to stir-fry mushrooms, green and red peppers. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour soy sauce mixture from earlier and stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly mixed into the other ingredients.
- Serve, topped with cilantro and red hot chili.
Got other Noche Buena specials in mind? Let’s exchange recipes in the comments!
Get Everything You Need
Based on budget, additional decor (if any) and menu, list down items that you will be needing to prepare for Christmas Eve. Make sure to stock up on your Mega Prime staples and other cooking essentials.
As an extra measure to prevent overspending, you may want to set aside time for research on prices and stores that offer value-for-money purchases.
Be sure to comment more tips for spending within the budget during the holiday season!
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms only from Prime Mom Club.