Sweet Onion Creamed Corn
This is one of the easiest ulam ideas for dinner! It sounds so simple but you won’t regret trying this dish. It pairs well with any meat and can serve as the main side dish as well as the veggies for the meal. And who doesn’t love some corn?
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 5 cups Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn (425g)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (227g) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving drippings in the pan; drain on paper towels.
- Cook and stir onion and sweet red pepper in bacon drippings over medium-high heat until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- In a greased 4-qt. slow cooker, combine corn, ham, cream, brown sugar, parsley, paprika, salt, pepper, bacon and onion mixture. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours. Stir in cream cheese; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer. Stir before serving.
This can serve as an appetizer as well as a palette cleanser. This ulam idea for dinner is a combination of all the yumminess of macaroni and cheese but transformed into a healthier version.
- 1 package (198g) macaroni
- 1 package (396g) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn (425g)
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (227g) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, corn, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Pancetta and Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breast
Honestly, this ulam idea for dinner looks so heavenly! I remember enjoying this dish very much. Making your healthy part of the chicken even healthier but at the same time more decadent!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped Mega Prime Whole Mushroom (198g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (170g each)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook and stir until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; cook until tender, 1-2 minutes. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread each with 2 tablespoons pesto; layer with 1 slice pancetta and a fourth of the mushroom mixture. Fold chicken in half, enclosing filling; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle it with remaining salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 30-35 minutes. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Mushroom Wild Rice
Love the carbs? We love it too. Here’s a simple way to remake and revamp your rice into something better. We’ve got this ulam idea for dinner to make your rice more flavorful but not too much that it can’t be paired with other dishes.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 cans (85g) condensed beef stock, undiluted
- 113g Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushroom (2840g), drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low until rice is tender, 3-4 hours.
Let us know in the comments how these ulam ideas for dinner went with your friends! We would also love to know more about which ingredients you want new recipes for. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family, we hope you continue to support the Prime Mom Club.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms only from Prime Mom Club.