Whether we’re on a splurge or a budget, food should never be compromised, especially on its taste. We’ve dedicated 3 budget ulam ideas to try that’ll help you save up just in time for those Christmas presents.
Skillet Mexican Street Corn
Didn’t know you could use corn in so many recipes? You better try this budget ulam idea, it’s easy and simple to make!
- 283g Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn (425g)
- 1 and ½ tablespoon real butter softened
- 1 and ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped fresh
- Heat corn in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix butter and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper, zest and juice of 1 lime, garlic powder to the butter/mayo mixture and mix until well combined.
- Place corn in a serving dish and drop spoonfuls of butter mixture on top of corn.
- Sprinkle cheese, cilantro, and green onions over butter.
- Serve hot.
Garlic Butter Chicken Tenders
Want to save up on presents? We have these easy and ulam ideas for december. It only takes 10 minutes to create and it is a healthier version of the classic fried chicken which is perfect if you don’t want to gain weight during the holidays!
- 1 pack of Chicken tenders – if using frozen, then thaw in the fridge overnight. You can use a boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips.
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- Add olive oil and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan/skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken tenders, season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side (season each side as you cook).
- Make room for the garlic, melt the remaining butter, and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Season with Italian seasoning, and cook for one more minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan to deglaze it, and scrape off any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan (that’s where all of the good flavor is).
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil leaves, and serve warm.
A classic comfort dish that everyone can get behind—especially with bacon on top. The perfect accompaniment to a game-day dinner or just a lazy Sunday afternoon. This ulam idea tastes amazing on its own, but it’s so good that you won’t even notice how filling it is!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (454g) package frozen corn kernels
- 2 (411g) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (425g) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (425g) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano and cayenne pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add corn, stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, bouillon, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Cook until heated through and slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Let us know in the comments how these budget ulam recipes tasted! We would also love to know more about which ingredients you want new recipes for. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family, we hope you continue to support the Prime Mom Club.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms only from Prime Mom Club.