Eating your greens is much more exciting when you bring these salad recipes to the chopping board! Kids are not usually the biggest fans of vegetable dishes, but even simple salads can be upgraded with prime ingredients and savvy mom chefs!
Healthy Salad Recipes for the Family
Bring healthy and yummy dishes to the table with these unique salad recipes!
Crispy Noodle Salads
When you talk about salads, most people would come up with the mental image of leafy greens. Bring added crunch to your salad munches by letting a new ingredient take center stage! Crispy glass noodles as dish toppers have been the Asian version of croutons, but this recipe makes the noodles as the main act. Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli are fast-cooking high quality noodles, perfect for various noodle dishes of your invention.
- 1 package Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli
- 3/4 to 1 cup oil (for frying)
- Pinch of salt
- Separate noodles by pulling apart the various sections into manageable amounts. Using scissors, cut the noodles into 4- to 5-inch lengths.
- Place oil in a wok or small to medium size frying pan (the smaller the pan, the less oil you will have to use). Heat oil over medium-high heat for a minimum of 1 minute.
- When the oil is hot enough, the submerged parts will ‘bloom’ within seconds into puffy, crispy noodles. If this doesn’t happen, remove the submerged parts and cut them off. Wait a little longer for your oil to heat up, then try again.
- Gently drop handfuls of noodles in the hot oil.
- Set puffed noodles to drain on paper towels and shake over a little salt if desired. Continue frying the rest of your noodles, reducing heat as you do so to medium.
- Use your crispy noodles as a topping for lettuce wraps, soups, salads, and other Asian dishes.
Ask Filipinos for party buffet table staples, and macaroni salad would definitely come up in the conversation. The salty, sweet, and tart flavors of this dish are a favorite Filipino classic for a reason. Get this usual salad fare with extra protein by adding chicken and mushrooms! Both are low in calories and are great sources of fiber and protein. Try this recipe for parties, school lunches, or healthy breakfast options. Grab a can (or two) of Mega Prime Pieces & Stems Mushrooms to make prep time for this dish a breeze!
- 1 ¼ cup macaroni
- 1 Chicken breast piece, boiled
- ¼ cup broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Apple- 1 (chopped)
- ½ cup Mega Prime Pieces & Stems Mushrooms
- 5tbsp Mayonnaise
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Black salt
- Olive oil
- Boil macaroni with few drops of olive oil and a little salt. Check when done. Strain and wash under running cold water, then set aside.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tsp oil. Add the broccoli florets and a pinch of salt, sauté them on medium flame for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil. Add the mushroom slices with little salt and sauté them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until all the water releasing from mushroom evaporates and they turned out light brown in color. Remove and keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and add boiled macaroni, chopped apples, bell peppers, broccoli florets and sliced mushrooms. Tear the boiled chicken breast piece into small pieces using your fingers, or you can chop it into pieces using a knife.
- Add in mayonnaise, black salt, oregano, chilli flakes and black pepper powder. Mix well.
Asian Salad Dressings
As salads are mainly introduced to the Philippine palate through Western influence, we are more used to mayonnaise and vinaigrette dressings. But the Asian region has a diverse flavor profile to offer as well! This recipe is simply designed for easy preparation and easy satisfaction! Mega Prime Oyster Sauce helps deliver this fresh dish with its distinct sweet, salty, and umami taste.
- 1 Romaine Lettuce (head)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- Wash & remove core from lettuce.
- Combine oil & oyster sauce in small saucepan; bring to simmer; keep hot until ready to serve.
- Blanching: Heat water in large pot. Add salt. When water reaches a rolling boil, blanch lettuce for about 20 seconds or until leaves are bright green.
- Remove leaves, shake off excess water. Stack leaves & cut crosswise into 4 parts. Place leaves on serving platter. Pour hot oyster sauce on leaves. Serve.
Fruit salads are known to be a holiday indulgence, but they can still be both healthy and yummy. For convenient desserts, stock up on Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail! As a hearty dessert plate option, drain the syrup from the fruit cocktail and eat it as it is! If you’re missing the creaminess of the traditional fruit salads, give a tart twist to the classic with this recipe that utilizes a unique honey yogurt sauce!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail
- Combine the yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract in a small bowl; whisk and set aside.
- Top the fruit cocktail with the honey yogurt dressing, or use as a dipping sauce.
Eating healthy does not have to mean giving up on eating tasty! Up your green game with different healthy salads. Turn even the pickiest of eaters into believers, all with the help of Mega Prime products!
Mega Prime helps you become a savvy mom chef with its complete array of high quality products–all to help you turn the simplest of recipes into the heartiest of meals! Add nutritional value and depth of flavor to various dishes for the entire family. Even prep time for meals is faster and safer with the help of easy-open can technology, paving the way for delicious and convenient cooking for every mommy.
Mega Prime is part of the Mega Global Corporation, a leading manufacturer and distributor of canned goods. If you would like to know more about dessert recipes and other exciting things that you can do with the Prime Mom Club, feel free to explore our official website.