Patis, toyo-mansi and the like — Filipinos love their dish packed with flavors and paired with a dipping sauce that further enhances the overall taste. But sweet chili sauce is more than just a dipping sauce. It’s a kitchen staple! Here are a few reasons why, along with some easy recipes you can prep with sweet chili sauce.
A Sweet Chili Kitchen Staple
Sweet Chili Sauce is a versatile condiment popular in Asian countries, especially in Thailand. It’s usually paired with finger foods and snacks such as spring rolls, fried chicken and lumpiang shanghai. So why should it be a regular in the pantry? Consider these simple and sweet reasons.
Ready for Dipping Action
Having a bottle or two of sweet chili in the kitchen or pantry means instant access to sweet chili goodness! Got a fried dish that needs more heat and flavor? With products such as Mega Prime Choices Sweet Chili Sauce that has convenient features such as its easy-twist cap and easy-squeeze bottle, just reach for your bottle, pop it open and pour!
No Mess, No Stress
For a lot of busy moms and always on-the-go homemakers, having sweet chili sauce in the pantry saves up on time, and avoids the mess and additional effort of preparing your own sauce.
Spice up, Sauce Up Dishes
It’s not just for dipping! Sweet Chili can be used as an ingredient in saucy recipes too.
Sweet, Chili, Easy Recipes
Try out these easy, sweet chili recipes you can prepare for the family in less than an hour!
20-Minute Sweet-Chili Chicken
Makes 4 servings
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¾ cup Mega Prime Choices Sweet Chili Sauce
- ⅓ cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- Cooked rice
- Minced fresh basil
- Combine chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken for about 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Set aside on another plate.
- Pour chili sauce and juice concentrate on the skillet. Stir until heated through. Add in chicken and fold, making sure chicken chunks are coated with the sauce.
- Serve with rice, garnished with basil.
20-Minute Sweet & Spicy Noodles
Makes 4 servings
- 450g linguine rice noodles or regular pasta
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. hoisin
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Mega Prime Choices Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, to taste
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. green onion, chopped
- Sriracha to taste
- Cook noodles until al dente.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, hoisin, honey, sweet chili sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- A few minutes before noodles cook, heat sesame oil in a saute pan and pour sauce. Stir until garlic is cooked. Add noodles in after they’re done and drained. Stir well to make sure pasta is well-coated.
- Top with carrots, peanuts, cilantro, green onion, and Sriracha before serving.
30-Minute Sweet Chili Stir-Fry with Chicken
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 600g – 1,000g chicken breasts, cut into very thin slices
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 crown or floret of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sweet pea pods
- 1 can (220g) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 ½ cup of Mega Prime Choices Sweet Chili Sauce
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high to high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes or until brown. Add onion and carrots, and stir for another 2-3 minutes or until carrots soften and onions become translucent. Add in bell pepper, broccoli, and sweet peas and cook until broccoli and peas are bright green and tender.
- Combine water chestnuts and sweet chili sauce over heat, until sauce glazes all ingredients.
- Serve over warm, cooked rice.
Note that you may also use different vegetables for this recipe!
Read more recipes with Mega Prime Choices Sweet Chili Sauce, along with practical kitchen tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms! More #pinaSARAP moments to come with Mega Prime products available on Shopee and LazMart!