Some of us eat 2 or 3 times a day, but most of us need some snacks in between. It’s hard to squeeze in a healthier snack instead of opting for junk food since they’re so convenient. That’s why we are sharing 5 minute merienda ideas that can be done any time of the day, especially for moms who don’t have time to prepare.
Easy Mac ‘N’ Cheese
One of the easiest and most-loved snacks, especially for children, is the classic Mac ‘n’ Cheese. A favorite among the 5 minute merienda ideas which will be surely loved by the kids! There are options listed below to make it even more delicious, if you choose to do so. Whenever I feel lazy to wash the dishes or just really want to prepare something quick, I use these 3 easy merienda ideas! You just place all ingredients in a bowl and pop in the microwave and voila it’s done!
- ½ cup elbow macaroni(50 g)
- ½ cup water(120 mL)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese(25 g)
- Mega Prime Whole Mushroom (198g)
- fresh chive, to garnish, optional
- Mix the macaroni, water, and salt in a microwaveable mug.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, then stir.
- Add the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper, then stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir, and garnish with a sprinkle of chives.
Corned Beef Potato Balls
Who says we can’t make corned beef fancy? This 5 minute merienda idea will take your next snack time to a whole new level. We’ve transformed your canned corned beef into something you can eat at a restaurant, but instead you make it yourself!
- 1 380-gram can corned beef
- 1/2 kilogram potatoes, peeled, diced small
- 100 grams cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 100 grams flour
- 100 grams Mega Prime Choices Breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- oil, for deep frying
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the potatoes. Season. Set aside.
- Sauté the corned beef in onion and garlic. Then, combine with the potatoes.
- Mash the mixture until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When cool, mold it into round shapes as large as a ping pong ball.
- Set up a breading station of three plates and add flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in each. Dip each ball into the flour, then egg, and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Deep fry balls until golden brown. Drain. Serve with some Japanese mayonnaise as a dip.
Looking for something healthy and filling, but also quick to prepare? Here’s one of the easiest merienda ideas you have to try! You can gather all ingredients at home and it can be done during any time of the day.
- 1 banana
- 1 Mega Prime Nata de Coco Coffee (425g)
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- 80g soft fruit (whatever you have – strawberries, blueberries, and mango all work well)
- 150ml milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz for 1 min until smooth.
- Pour the banana oat smoothie into two glasses to serve.
If you enjoyed the merienda ideas here, you might like to check our other articles. We’ve got one called 4 easy meryendang pinoy ideas as well. Don’t forget to share this article to your family and friends who might want to try making it themselves.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms only from Prime Mom Club.