Don’t want to spend your date night outside but still want to impress your date? We’ve got 3 ulam ideas for dinner that are perfect for a night in. Don’t be fooled, these ulam ideas for dinner are even at par with exquisite dishes for those special moments with your loved one!
Steak with Garlic Herb Butter Veggies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1 1/4-inch-thick steaks
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 28g Mega Prime Whole Mushroom (198g), halved
FOR THE BUTTER MIXTURE:
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, garlic, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Place the steaks in the middle of the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until desired doneness; set aside and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add shallot, asparagus and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned and asparagus are crisp-tender and bright green, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with steaks and BUTTER MIXTURE.
Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
- 907g shrimp raw, deveined and tail off
- 1 teaspoon olive oil light tasting
- Chopped parsley optional for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili seasoning the actual beef chili seasoning not chili pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ teaspoons Cumin
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil light tasting
- 1 small purple onion diced
- 1 large zucchini halved and sliced
- 1 can Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn (185g)
- 1 large yellow squash halved and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper cubed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil light tasting better
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and place into a bowl. Add in the marinade ingredients and mix well to coat the shrimp. Set aside.
- To prepare the veggies, wash and dry them well. Chop/cube them and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add one tablespoon of olive oil and bring to medium/high heat. Sauté the veggies until they are tender and obtain a golden color. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, sauté the shrimp with 1 tbsp. of olive oil until they are fully cooked through. This takes about 6-8 minutes, flipping the shrimp pieces over half way through.
- Return the cooked veggies back into the skillet and sauté with the shrimp for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from head and serve. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if you like.
Sautéed Chicken Breasts With Fresh Corn, Shallots and Cream
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 400g of Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn (425g)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh chervil or parsley
- Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cut the kernels from the ears of corn. There should be about 1 cup. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet large enough to hold the breasts in one layer. Add the chicken, cook for 3 minutes and turn. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a hot serving dish. To the skillet add shallots and cook briefly. Add wine and bring to the boil. Add the corn and stir in mustard.
- Add cream and stir to blend. Bring to the boil and add the chervil or parsley. Pour and scrape the sauce over the chicken pieces and serve.
Let us know in the comments how these ulam ideas for dinner recipes tasted! We would also love to know more about which ingredients you want new recipes for. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family, we hope you continue to support the Prime Mom Club.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms only from Prime Mom Club.