Japchae noodles is a perfect dish to make especially if you are a kitchen first-timer and don’t have a lot of time to spend. Not only will it fill you up, it will do so with a low calorie count and a high amount of nutrition. Try this for your next family gathering or just for a simple dinner with the whole family!
- 1 can Mega Prime Whole Mushrooms, halved
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil for sauteing
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup leeks white part, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup snap peas (sitsaro), trimmed
- 1/4 cup wood ear mushrooms, thinly sliced (for texture and color)
- 2 cups Korean potato noodles, blanched
- 1/4 cup thin egg omelette strips for garnish
- Leeks green part for garnish, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
1. For the seasoning, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili garlic paste, sesame oil, sugar and a tablespoon of water.
2. In a large saute pan, stir-fry all the vegetables including the Mega Prime Whole Mushrooms at the same time over very high heat to maintain their crispness.
3. Toss in the blanched noodles then pour in the sauce mix and stir it well to combine the flavors evenly throughout.
4. Place the Japchae in a serving platter and top it with thinly sliced leeks and toasted sesame seeds before serving.