Try out this simple bulalo recipe with a surpreSARAP twist!
Serves 4-5 persons
- 1.5 kgs beef shanks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp whole peppercorns
- 3.5L water
- 1 pc sweet corn, sliced into quarters
- 1 bundle onion leeks
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 2 pcs beef bouillon cubes
- 3 rolls Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli
- 250g Pechay Baguio
- 250g green beans
1. In a pot, add the beef shanks, onions, garlic, peppercorns and water. Simmer beef on medium heat for about 1.5 hours or until meat is tender.
2. Add corn and onion leeks. Pour the remaining 500ml water and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
4. Season with fish sauce and drop the beef bouillon cubes.
5. Add Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!