Fact: Prime Moms never run out of things to do. Especially with everyone stuck at home because of the pandemic, the daily duties can be overwhelming! But we’re here for you. For the incoming week’s meal plan, these recipes with chicken breast should save you time and ingredients!
45-Minute or Less Healthy Recipes with Chicken Breast
Stuck with chicken cuts, a few other ingredients and limited kitchen time at home? You can still serve pinaSARAP meals that are easy to prepare and also nutritious! Check out these simple, healthy recipes with chicken breast.
Chicken Breast in Mushroom Pan Sauce
You can never go wrong with chicken and mushrooms! This simple chicken recipe requires only a few ingredients, but packs a whole lot of flavor and health benefits. Did you know that mushrooms are low-calorie, cholesterol-free, fat-free, and packed with vitamins and minerals?
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 pcs. chicken breasts
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Mushroom Pieces & Stems
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken stock (or broth cube diluted in water)
- Salt and pepper
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium to high heat.
- Prep chicken by rubbing oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Sear chicken in the dry pan for up to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and chicken seems to freely move around the pan. Scoop out chicken and set aside, making sure that it’s kept warm with a cover.
- Throw butter into the hot pan and toss in Mega Prime Mushroom Pieces & Stems. Let it brown before adding a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add in garlic and saute for 3 minutes before adding flour. Cook for another 1 minute before pouring chicken stock in. Wait for about 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken breast to a serving plate and pour mushroom pan sauce before serving.
Chicken Alfredo with Peas
Who can ever say ‘no’ to pasta? And with peas, this dish gives the fam a boost in immunity with essential nutrients vitamin C, E and zinc! Here’s how you can easily prepare this healthy recipe with chicken breast and a few other ingredients.
- 500g spaghetti noodles
- 4 pcs. chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup chicken broth (or broth cube diluted in water)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mega Prime Green Peas
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Save a cup of pasta water before draining cooked pasta.
- In a pan or skillet, heat oil over medium to high fire. Cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) on each side or until a thin crust forms. Scoop out chicken and set aside, covering it with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss in butter and garlic onto the pan or skillet. Saute garlic until lightly golden. Pour broth.
- Mix in evaporated milk, parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a few spoonfuls of the reserved pasta water.
- Meanwhile, slice the cooked chicken into ½-inch slices.
- Once the sauce is of desired consistency, add cooked pasta, Mega Prime Green Peas, parsley and chopped chicken onto the pan. Toss, making sure sauce is well-distributed on pasta and other ingredients. Continue for about a minute before transferring on a serving plate or bowl.
- Garnish or top with cheese before serving.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Catch more recipes with chicken breast, along with handy kitchen tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms.