Salads have always been associated with healthy living. But they’re more than just bowls of greens drizzled with dressings. Read on for a quick refresher on how there are more than one type of salad, along with sample salad recipes easy to prepare in just minutes.
Salad Recipes Easy & Done in 30 Minutes
When one thinks of ‘salad’, one of the first images that come to mind are servings of green leaves with dressing. However, that’s just one type of salad. Apart from healthy greens, you can have sweet and fruity salads, as well as protein-packed savory ones.
More than their components, salads are about interesting mixes of ingredients that make up light yet filling dishes. Depending on your ingredients, salads can be served as a side dish or a main meal. Let these quick recipes inspire you to work salads into your everyday meals.
Noodle Salad for the Holidays: Pinoy Macaroni Salad
The pinoy macaroni salad will always have a spot in the Filipino table especially for occasions such as Noche Buena and Media Noche. There are many ways to prepare, and tweaking in terms of what ingredients to include depends on your family’s taste. Although there are many variations to this dish, one thing’s for sure: the pinoy macaroni salad never fails to delight with its savory-sweet combo and its bright and merry appearance. Salad recipes easy to prepare for the holiday? Take this sample for a spin.
- 500g elbow macaroni
- 250g all-purpose cream
- 1 ½ packs (330g) mayonnaise
- 1 can (300g) condensed milk
- ½ cup cheese, cubed
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup kaong, drained
- 1 cup Mega Prime Nata de Coco, drained
- ½ can (425g) Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail, drained
- Cook macaroni as directed on the package. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- While noodles are still hot, mix in mayonnaise, condensed milk and cream.
- Add cheese, raisins, kaong, Mega Prime Nata de Coco and Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail and mix. Cool mixture until it reaches room temperature before storing in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Refreshingly Green for the Healthy Foodie: Salmon Avocado Salad
More on the healthier side of the spectrum, this light yet filling salad recipe packs nutrients and flavor in moist, pan seared salmon topped with layers of spinach, avocado, tomatoes and red onions, and drizzled with lemon vinaigrette. Check out this step-by-step.
- 2 salmon filets
- 180g spinach (baby spinach, if available)
- 1 pc. avocado, diced
- 2 pcs. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pc. cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp lemon vinaigrette
- Heat olive oil in a large pan set over medium-high heat. Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon filets top side down and cook for up to 5 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is mostly opaque. Make sure that the middle has softness to it.
- Divide other salad ingredients into two bowls and place cooked salmon on top. Then drizzle lemon vinaigrette before serving.
Satisfyingly Meaty for Summer: Taco Salad
Veering away from sweet salads, taco salad is more on the crisp and savory side with vegetables, ground beef, and taco staples such as salsa, cilantro and avocado. Bite into a Mexican classic, made light in this salad recipes easy dish.
For the Beef
- ½ kg ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 188g romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 172g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 125g avocado, diced
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- 1 lime
- 28g shredded cheese (optional)
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef and break into small pieces. Continue cooking for about 8 minutes or until the meat starts to brown. Drain fat from the beef.
- Stir in taco seasoning. Stir and cook for no more than two minutes.
- Prep your salad bowl with chopped lettuce as your base, topped with browned beef, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, red onion and cheese (if using).
- Dollop salsa, sour cream, lime juice (careful not to use too much) and chopped cilantro.
More ideas for quick and easy side salads? Here’s a list of salad recipes easy and ready in 10 minutes!
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap salad recipes easy in minutes by Prime Moms for Prime Moms.