Especially for the holiday season, fruits are always a welcome treat that tends to up a party’s vibrance! Make every get together with friends and family colorful, chirpy and extra fruity-sweet by preparing these easy fruit salad recipes!
The Classic Pinoy-Style Fruit Salad
The Classic Pinoy-style Fruit Salad is a staple in a pinoy Noche Buena. It’s just not complete without a chilled bowl of creamy, sweet fruit chunks that both adults and kids can enjoy! Ready to master a sought-after traditional dessert? Here’s how.
- 2 cups Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail, drained and chilled
- 2 cups Mega Prime Peaches, diced, drained and chilled
- 1 cup Mega Prime Nata de Coco
- ½ cup cream, chilled
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- Combine fruit cocktail, nata de coco and peaches in a bowl. Meanwhile, lightly whip the cream and sweetened condensed milk in a separate bowl.
- Pour and stir fruits into the bowl with cream mixture.
- Keep chilled until serving time.
Note: this recipe uses a 2 to 1 ratio of cream to condensed milk. You may also choose to add pearls, pineapples, and strips of coconut meat for more texture.
Buko Pandan Fruit Salad
A variation of the classic fruit salad recipe, Buko Pandan is a cold dessert with gulaman or jelly cubes, coconut and sweetened cream, flavored with the sweet, floral flavor of pandan. As with the pinoy fruit salad recipe, you may also add sago or pearls, kaong and nata de coco for a more packed, more satisfying after-meal snack.
- 2 bars green agar-agar, shredded to fine pieces
- 3 cups coconut juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 drops pandan extract
- 2 cups young coconut, shredded
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Nata de Coco, drained
- 1 can (12oz.) kaong, drained
- 1 can (14oz.) cream
- 1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Soak agar agar in coconut juice for about 30 minutes. Then, over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook until agar agar is melted. Add sugar and continue to cook for about 10 – 15 minutes or until agar agar is completely dissolved. Add 2 drops of pandan extract and stir.
- Remove agar agar mixture from heat and pour into a flat dish. Allow to cool until gulaman is set and solid. Cut into ½ inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine gulaman, coconut, nata de coco, kaong, cream, and condensed milk. Add about 2 – 3 drops of pandan extract and stir.
- Chill for about 1 – 2 hours before serving.
Mojito Fruit Salad
A Mojito Fruit Salad is a fruit salad recipe with more berries and little-to-no cream. Watermelon, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and mint in a lightly-sweetened lime glaze, this fruit salad serves a refreshing, non-alcoholic version of a sweet mojito beverage.
- 4 cups watermelon, chopped
- 500g strawberries, chopped
- 170g raspberries
- 170g blueberries
- ¼ cup packed mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (or about 3 limes)
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Combine watermelon, berries, and mint in a large bowl, and lime juice and powdered sugar in a smaller bowl.
- Pour lime mixture over fruit and berries. With a spatula, gently toss.
- Chill at least 15 minutes before serving.
Prime Corn Salad
Fun fact: corn is a vegetable. But most mistake it as a fruit, because they grow from grains (corn kernels) instead of the standard veggie way of coming from leaves and stems. But hey, call it a fruit or a veggie, there’s no denying that corn is a sweet source of fiber! Whether for a potluck or for storing in your fridge, whipping up a bowl of a corn salad should take too long with this salad recipe.
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 can (425g) MEGA Prime Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 shallot, cut into rings
- 1 siling labuyo, sliced
- 5 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for serving)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped and divided
- Heat 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high. Add half of MEGA Prime kernel corn and cook for 1-2 minutes while tossing occasionally until both sides are lightly charred.
- In the meantime, mix shallot, siling labuyo, lime juice, and remaining 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a medium bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes or until shallot softens slightly. Add the charred corn, the remaining half of the MEGA Prime kernel corn, Greek yogurt, 1 oz. Parmesan, and half of cilantro. Toss to combine and season with salt accordingly.
- Before serving, top salad with more grated Parmesan and remaining cilantro.