Why do kids love burger steaks? The real question is, Who doesn’t love burger steaks? It’s a no-fuss dish of patties minus the buns, covered in yummy gravy sauce and paired with hot steamed rice or mashed potatoes. What’s not to love? And if you’re looking for ways to serve this well-loved dish for the family, then these prime options for a burger steak recipe are sure to have your kids asking for seconds.
Pick Today’s Burger Steak Recipe!
Need ideas for a burger steak recipe to wow the kids with? The following dishes won’t disappoint!
Teriyaki-Style Burger Steak
Also called Hambagu, this Japanese-style burger steak recipe packs a sweet and savory punch with a rich blend of soy sauce, sugar, Sake and Mega Prime Oyster Sauce! Here’s how to prep this burger steak dish in under 30 minutes.
Makes 3 servings
For the patties
- 100g onion, minced
- 600g ground beef
- 75g cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (or Panko)
- 1 Tbsp. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Potato starch
For teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Sake
- Saute to soften and brown onions lightly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce, soy sauce and cooled onions. Knead until mixture is well-combined.
- Scoop and shape mixture into 6-8 patties. Make sure to squeeze out any air and to seal cracks on every patty’s surface. Dust sides of patties with thin, even coating of potato starch.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook patties in batches to avoid overcrowding. To evenly brown both sides of the patties, start by cooking about ¼ of the first side then flip. Reduce heat to medium-low. Once cooked, set aside patties.
- For the teriyaki sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan over high heat. Boil until sauce thickens.
- Carefully add the cooked patties onto the saucepan. Coat both sides evenly before transferring onto a serving plate.
Creamy Mushroom Burger Steak
One of the most favorite versions of the dish, creamy mushroom burger steak smothers yummy patties with creamy mushroom gravy! Here’s how to cook a sumptuous batch for the family.
Makes 11 servings
- 250g ground beef
- 250g ground pork
- 1 Tbsp. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 slice white bread, edges removed
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
For mushroom gravy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 300mL cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. onion, minced
- ½ cup Mega Prime Pieces & Stems Mushrooms, drained
- pinch of garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Mash bread and milk in a bowl. Once a paste is formed, Mix in onion, garlic powder, egg, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and pork. Combine ingredients and knead, careful not to overmix. Cover bowl with a cling wrap and keep mixture in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Once ready for cooking, take your mixture out of the fridge and prepare patties. Divide into equal portions (size according to your preference). Roll portions into balls, then flatten to a thickness of about ½ inch.
- Pour oil onto a deep pan that’s been set over medium heat. Cook patties for about 2 minutes or until each side is brown with a bit of crust. To avoid overcrowding, make sure to cook in batches. Scoop cooked patties onto a plate and set aside.
- Set the used pan over low heat. Melt butter. Saute onion for about 1.5 minutes or until brown. Pour in cream of mushroom and water, and stir until mixture becomes smooth. Simmer for up to 2 minutes.
- Add cooked patties into the pan and cover. Leave it to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scoop out patties and into a serving plate. thicken mushroom gravy with flour. Stir and add garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, as preferred. Add Mega Prime Pieces & Stems Mushrooms.
- Pour sauce over patties. Garnish with green onions, and serve hot with steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Check out more options for a burger steak recipe, along with handy kitchen tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms.