The picadillo is a very saucy dish with vegetables and beef cooked together as a stew. It is not only a dish that is delicious and very rich tasting, but also a meal with rich history. It may have international roots, both Cuban and Spanish, but Filipinos have made it their own. This recipe comes to celebrate local flavors so find out how to make it here:
- 1 can Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1 cup potatoes, diced and par boiled
- 1 cup carrots, diced and par boiled
- 1 small red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 can Mega Prime Green Peas
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté the onions and garlic with some oil in a large saute pan.
2. Add in the ground beef and saute it for a minute.
3. Stir in the potatoes, carrots bell peppers, Mega Prime Green Peas and Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms.
4. Keep sautéing for a few minutes then pour in the tomato sauce and season with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Simmer it for a minute then serve it immediately with steamed rice or bread.