When most families are usually just home, movie marathon is one of the best (and safest) ways to while away time and keep that bond with the family members. But what’s movie watching without something to munch on? Nope, we’re not talking about chips and popcorns. For mushy movie nights, we’re seeing delicious, easy-to-prepare mushroom snacks. We’re thinking mushroom munchies you and your family can enjoy because they are easy to prepare and definitely delish. Before pressing the play button, see what mushroom recipes we have for your movie marathon.
Garlic and Rosemary Sauteed Mushrooms
- 250g Mega Prime Quality: Whole Mushrooms
- 2 tsps unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and keep stirring for 5 mins.
- Add rosemary and salt, continuously mixing for 5 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crispy Cheesy Mushroom Bites
- 2 cups Mega Prime Quality: Pieces & Stems Mushrooms
- Sliced baguette
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch of shredded cheese
- 3 tbsps. butter
- 1 cup onion
- 1 egg
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Stir in mushrooms and onions, saute until tender.
- Add mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, oregano, and egg.
- Mix all ingredients until blended, remove from heat.
- Cut baguette into ¾ inch slices
- Put parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Put baguette slices on a baking sheet, topping each with mushroom mixture.
- Add a pinch of cheese on each slice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins.
- Serve hot.
- 1 lb. Mega Prime Quality: Whole Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups oil
- Mix flour and garlic salt in a bowl. Stir in egg and water. Mix well until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. To find out if oil is hot enough, drop a batter. If it sizzles and floats on top, oil is ready for deep frying.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and deep fry for 3-5 minutes. Make sure you don’t overcrowd your skillet with too many mushrooms. Remove from the skillet once fries are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve and enjoy.
Mushroom and Tomato Bruschetta
- ½ lb. Mega Prime Quality: Pieces & Stems Mushrooms, diced
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut into into slices
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 onions, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Pre-heat oven broiler. Set oven rack 6 inches from the heat source. Put bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Broil bread for 1-2 minutes until toasted. Remove bread slices, set aside on a baking sheet.
- Over medium heat, cook mushrooms, onions, garlic, parsley, pepper, and salt. Keep on stirring for 5 mins, or until mushrooms become soft and juicy. Set mixture aside.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes with balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Top bread slices with mushroom mixture. Add tomato mixture. Add mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return bread slices into the oven broiler or until cheese has melted.
- Wait until bruschetta is hot. Serve immediately.
So many yummibilities, so many ways to add fun to family movie nights with delicious, nutritious, easy-to-do mushroom snacks. They’re your kitchen’s scene-stealers sure to also steal your family’s appetite. For quick and tasty dishes, make sure you have stocks of Mega Prime canned veggies in your pantry.
Read more recipes with canned mushrooms and practical kitchen tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms! Enjoy more #pinaSARAP moments with all Mega Prime products available on MEGA online store, Shopee and Lazada!