Just like everyone, Prime Moms need their me time too! It can be a night of pampering, leisurely taking your time with skincare and extra self-care activities; or it can be simple quick breaks within the day for indulging in activities that leave you renewed. Our reco? Make time for these yummy, nutritious salad recipes!
Recharge with these Healthy Salad Recipes
Looking for simple ways to pause and recharge? These salad recipes should keep your moments light, satisfying and energizing!
Chopped Veggie Salad with Corn
A refreshing medley of crisp romaine lettuce, juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, slices of bell peppers with bursts of sweetness from kernels of corn. What’s not to love about this healthy salad recipe? Chopped veggie salad is a scrumptious, colorful treat packed with plant-powered protein and mood-boosting omega-3s.
- 2 romaine hearts, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ½ cups of Mega Prime Kernel Corn
- 2 pcs. red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups Mega Prime Garbanzos, drained
- 200g green beans (raw or blanched), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup of tahini dressing, greek yogurt or sesame oil
Toss all ingredients with dressing. Add more dressing, if needed. Enjoy!
Additional Prime Mom Tips:
With this salad recipe, remember that the finer you chop your greens, the yummier it will be!
BBQ Chicken Salad
Who says you can’t have barbeque on your salad? A balance of fiber, protein and flavor awaits with this salad recipe!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¾ cup Mega Prime Kernel Corn, drained
- ¾ cup black beans, drained
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (may also use cheddar cheese)
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup tortilla strips
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour olive oil in a skillet or pan, over medium to high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper before putting in your skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Scoop chicken out and let it cool before chopping into bite-size chunks.
- Use a large bowl for the salad. Assemble by layers starting with the romaine lettuce, then the cooked chicken, followed by the rest of the solid ingredients (tomato, corn beans, onion and cheese. Finally, pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top. Toss to combine.
- Top with tortilla strips before enjoying!
BLT, but make it healthy — that’s the whole concept with this salad recipe. And it works deliciously! The best part is that this is something that the family will love to have too. Now, bite into a slightly savory, tangy and sweet with this ensemble of crunchy bacon, tomatoes, avocado, and corn on a bed of crisp greens. Here’s how to prepare it.
- 4 sliced bacon, diced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pc. avocado, seeded, peeled and diced.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Mega Prime Kernel Corn
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
For Lime Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinear
- Zest of lime
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sugar or as preferred
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- With a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon for about 6 to 9 minutes or until bacon is brown and crispy. Scoop bacon out and into a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large salad bowl: romaine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, corn, cheese and bacon. After tossing, stir in lime vinaigrette and enjoy.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Catch more salad recipes, along with handy kitchen tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms.