The thing about desserts is that often, they have a sweet spot in everybody’s heart. It’s the most anticipated part of a meal, it’s a favorite snack, and it’s a perfect match for tea and coffee. Hence, desserts are an attractive come-on for an online business. Fruit cocktail desserts, to be specific, are a delicious idea because of the natural fruity sweetness and the many mouthwatering possibilities that you can make from fruit cuts. The rainbow of colors, the natural sweetness, the versatility and the ease of using fruit cocktails make a great idea for your online baking business. For a delicious starter, try the following recipes:
Fruit Cocktail Bread
- 2 822g can Mega Prime fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix.
- Stir in fruit cocktail, mix.
- Pour mixture into 2 greased and floured 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pans.
- Remove from pans and continue cooling on the wire rack.
- Option to sprinkle with powdered sugar icing after cooling.
Estimated Budget: Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail (P180) + Cream Cheese (P159) + Eggs (P32) + Flour (P100) = P471
Fruit Cocktail Cupcakes
- 1 cup Mega Prime fruit cocktail, drained
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 10 tbsp. butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- With a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light, for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, until fully mixed. Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until batter is smooth and no flour remains.
- Scoop batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners. Each liner should be ¾ full. Top each cupcake with fruit cocktail.
Estimated Budget: Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail (P89) + eggs (P24) + flour (P100) = P213
Greek Yogurt Fruit Cocktail Muffins
- 3/4 cup Mega Prime fruit cocktail drained
- 1/2 cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 cup flour white whole-wheat or just plain white flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray and lightly flour 7-9 of the muffin cavities and set aside.
- Remove 1 tablespoon from the flour and return it to the flour bag. In a bowl, toss together the remaining flour with the cornstarch and baking powder until well mixed.
- Stir in the well-drained fruit cocktail until well-coated in the flour mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg with a fork for 20 seconds. Stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Stir in the sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fill up the prepared muffin tin a little over ¾ full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a fork when inserted in the center comes out clean.
Estimated Budget: Mega Prime Fruit Cocktail (P89) + Greek Yogurt (P50) + flour (P50) = P189
Online baking businesses are making great news, especially these days when in-store purchases are not always possible. Make Mega Prime fruit cocktails your perfect baking buddy. Delicious business possibilities are endless. Start now.