When the family is feeling stressed, whether it’s about work or school, the one thing we all consistently run to is our favorite comfort food. So Prime Mom, for more #pinaSARAP moments, get to cooking with these easy, stay-at-home comfort food recipes!
Easy Filipino Pancit Bihon
No Filipino gathering is complete without Pancit Bihon. It is a favorite in every household for its simplicity and deliciousness.
- 1 Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli Noodles 250g
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ medium cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 500g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calamansi wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl filled with hot water, soak Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli Noodles for about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and stir for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the cabbage and carrots and stir fry for another 2 to 3 minutes. Lastly, add the chicken breast and stir until cooked.
- Pour the chicken broth and soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the wok from heat and add the soaked vermicelli noodles. Toss with the ingredients to coat with the sauce. Transfer to a large plate and serve with calamansi wedges to squeeze over the top. Enjoy!
Yummy Saucy Mushroom-y Burger Steak
Juicy burger patties, topped with saucy mushroom sauce – guaranteed to give you and the family feelings of comfort during this unusual time. Who wouldn’t want that? Recreate this fast-food favorite ulam right at home!
For the Burger Patties:
- 500g ground pork
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium egg
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the Mushroom Sauce:
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 can Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms 198g
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ cup pork broth
- To make the burger patties, combine ground pork, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and egg in a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs. Continue mixing until all ingredients are blended. Scoop, flatten, and shape the patties, around the size of your palm. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Fry the patties for 4 minutes and cover to trap the steam. Flip the patties and continue frying for another 2 minutes. Repeat the process until all patties are cooked.
- For the mushroom sauce, melt butter into a pan. Add Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms and cook for 1 minute under medium heat. Gradually add all-purpose flour and stir continuously until mixture turns brown. Add pork broth and stir until smooth.
- Put burger patties on a serving plate and top with mushroom sauce. Serve with hot rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Want more no-fuss comfort food recipes that everyone in the family will enjoy? Go ahead and check out our Veggie Fried Rice recipe. Get more #pinaSARAP moments with all Mega Prime products available on Shopee and LazMart!