Getting tired just by thinking about what to serve during the Christmas season? Well, you’re in luck! We’re here to help you prepare some festive and easy pasta recipes for your Noche Buena!
Queso de Bola and Tuna Mac
Get some delicious, creamy use out of your Queso de Bola!
- 445g macaroni shells
- 1 stick chilled unsalted butter cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 30g shredded Queso de Bola
- 1 can 180g Mega Tuna Flakes in Oil
- Add 3 handfuls of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Drop 445g of macaroni shells into the boiling pot and cook according to package instructions or until al dente. When done cooking, scoop 2 cups of pasta cooking liquid and drain the rest. Set aside.
- On a different pot, heat 2 pieces of butter and 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper over medium heat. Stir occasionally until butter is melted and foaming but not browned. Add 1 cup whole milk to the pot and bring to a simmer. Piece-by-piece, whisk in the remaining butter into the mixture to help emulsify the sauce.
- Add pasta into the milk mixture and start tossing until shells are evenly coated. Add ⅓ of shredded Queso de Bola, stirring quickly to melt. Add ½ cup of the reserved pasta cooking liquid and continue to mix until combined. Repeat the process with the remaining shredded Queso while slowly adding pasta cooking liquid until creamy and well-coated. Drain oil from 1 can Mega Tuna Flakes and incorporate into the mixture.
- Dump into a big bowl and serve.
Spanish Style Spaghetti Sardines
Add a Spanish-style twist to your Noche Buena spread!
- 2 cans 155g Mega Sardines in Spanish Style
- 400g spaghetti pasta
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Add 2 handfuls of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Drop 400g of spaghetti into the boiling pot and cook according to package instructions or until al dente. When done cooking, reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid and drain the rest. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil into a large pot over medium. Add shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir occasionally for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add pasta, spinach, ¾ of sardines, and ½ cup pasta cooking liquid into the pot. Turn heat to medium-high while stirring and gradually adding more pasta cooking liquid until pasta is fully coated. Stir in lemon juice with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve topped with the remaining sardines and grated parmesan.
Fettuccine Tuna Alfredo
Did you know that traditional Roman Alfredo doesn’t contain a drop of cream or milk? This easy pasta recipe is a delicious upgrade from the usual bottled alfredo sauce. And you only need 6 ingredients!
- 340g fettuccine
- ¾ stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 can 180g Mega Tuna Flakes in Oil
- 1 can 198g Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms
- Ground black pepper
- Add 2 handfuls of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Drop 400g of fettuccine into the boiling pot and cook according to package instructions or until al dente. When done cooking, reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid and drain the rest. Set aside.
- On a large skillet, pour in the 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid and bring to a gentle simmer. Whisk in butter piece-by-piece until melted. Gradually add cheese while whisking vigorously and making sure everything is evenly incorporated. Drain oil from Mega Tuna Flakes and add into the mixture. Add Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms next. Finally, add pasta and toss to coat completely, adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.