Peas and Carrots
This simple but colorful ulam idea is so fun to do. You can follow the ingredients but you can make your kid decide on what he/she wants to use. Just make sure that they go well with veggies! Other than that, this ulam idea is just a fun way to make healthy eating for your kid yummier and fun.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot or small white onion, finely sliced
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes (optional)
- 450g carrots, peeled and cut into slices or cubes*
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water or low sodium vegetable broth
- 450g Mega Prime Green Peas (155g)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Finely slice the shallot and cut the carrots and the potatoes into pieces that are all the same size.
- Warm the olive oil in a large frying pan (I use this non-stick 12″ pan ) and saute the shallot for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and the potato, cover with a lid, and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. During cooking, add water or broth gradually to prevent the veggies from sticking to the pan.
- Stir in the peas, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes until the peas are tender. Add a touch of extra water to keep the veggies moist if needed.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning according to your liking, and serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil if you like.
The veggie ulam is done and now comes the extra fun part. At this point, you can refrigerate this dish and eat it later. But if you’re ready to eat it, ask your child to toss it around before serving. After mixing the ingredients, dump the veggies onto a plate which can be easily paired with meat.
White Chicken Chili
This twist given to your classic chili is a must to try! If your kid isn’t into the heavier taste of traditional chili, this would be the perfect ulam idea to make and enjoy with your kids. To make this ulam idea more attractive to your kids, you can add some chunks of squash or extra peppers which will bring more color to this dish!
- 635g skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 425g cans of navy beans
- 425g Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn (425g)
- 397g can chicken broth
- 297g can cream of chicken soup
- 113g can be chopped green chile peppers
- 35g package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or to taste
- Layer the beans and corn on the bottom of the slow cooker pot.
- Place the chicken on top of the beans and corn.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken broth, chicken soup, green chile peppers, and taco seasoning.
- Pour the broth mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker pot.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for eight to ten hours. Check the chicken’s internal temperature after eight hours (it should be over 165 degrees when cooked).
- When the chicken is cooked, stir in the sour cream and shredded cheese, leaving the cheese to melt for three to five minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with a big piece of cornbread.
This is an easy ulam idea that can be your kid’s staple whenever they look for some snacks or a tummy filler in the house.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup Mega Prime Premium Hummus Dip
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Stir green bell pepper and onion together in the bottom of a 9-inch casserole dish. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables; stir to coat.
- Coat chicken breasts completely with a thin layer of hummus and place atop the vegetables. Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken and dust with paprika.
- Cook chicken breasts in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Let us know in the comments how these ulam ideas tasted for you and your kids! We also hope they had lots of fun recreating these with you! We would also love to know more about which ingredients you want new recipes for. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family, we hope you continue to support the Prime Mom Club.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms only from Prime Mom Club.