The refreshing flavors of fruits for the hot days of summer? Yes please! And the best part is that you can have the kids help out in the kitchen with these easy, perfect choices for summer snacks using canned fruits!
So, bring out your mini-aprons, wash your hands and let the fruity, #pinaSARAP moments in the kitchen roll in with these simple specialties with canned fruits!
FRUIT COCKTAIL JELLY
Jelly and chewy bits of fruit in one snack. The kids will love it, and they’ll surely enjoy making this in the kitchen.
- 1 small box gelatin (any flavor)
- 1 – 2 cups Mega Prime Quality Fruit Cocktail
- Whipped cream
- Cherry or extra chunks of fruit for garnish
- Prepare gelatin as instructed on the package. In a bowl, combine with fruits.
- Store and cool in the refrigerator until it thickens.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chunks of your fave fruit before serving!
Thinking of going extra? Just add milk! A cathedral window with gelatin and fruits sure sounds like a great idea!
MARSHMALLOW FRUIT SALAD
Fruit salads are even more kid-friendly with a touch of mushy marshmallows! To make it extra flavorful and refreshing, make sure to prep this one at least one hour before serving.
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Quality Fruit Cocktail
- 1 pack (about 300g) marshmallows
- 200mL sour cream
Have the kids combine all ingredients together. With a wooden spatula, fold until all the fruit and marshmallows are covered with sour cream. Store and let it cool in the refrigerator at least an hour before serving.
Here’s another Prime Mom tip: add more textures into the mix. Beans and jellies such as Mega Prime Quality Nata de Coco should add more to this simple canned fruit snack.
FROZEN TROPICAL FRUIT POPS WITH CANNED FRUITS
A recipe so easy, the kids can do it on their own! But who would like to miss out on a #pinaSARAP moment in the kitchen, right? Churn out delightful sticks of frozen fruit pops with these simple ingredients and instructions!
- 85g orange flavored gelatin
- 118mL boiling water (or about half a cup)
- 320g yogurt
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Quality Fruit Cocktail*
*save a ¼ cup of the juice
- In a large bowl, Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in fruit cocktail juice and yogurt before adding fruit cocktail.
- With a slotted spoon, divide fruit into 8 disposable plastic or paper cups. Pour gelatin mixture over the fruit mixture and insert a wooden pop stick in the center of each cup.
- Store in the freezer until mixture completely freezes.
To ensure that your fruit cocktail pops are ready, allow it to freeze overnight!
FRUIT COCKTAIL REF CAKE
No baking required! As long as you have cream, graham crackers and sugar, icebox and ref cakes are easy to put together. Let the kids have their fun with creating every tasty layer of this fruit cocktail ref cake.
- 2 packs (250mL) all-purpose cream, chilled
- 4 tbsp. condensed milk (or more), to taste
- ½ can (850g) Mega Prime Quality Peach Halves, drained well and sliced
- 1 can (850g) Mega Prime Quality Fruit Cocktail, drained
- 10 – 12 pcs ladyfingers (broas)
- Combine all-purpose cream and condensed milk in a bowl. You may adjust the sweetness of the mixture with condensed milk.
- Line a 9×5-inch rectangular pan with plastic wrap. Fill the bottom with peach slices, then layer with just enough cream.
- Arrange ladyfingers on top of cream and cover with cream.
- Now spread a layer of fruit cocktail and top with remaining cream.
- Cover and freeze.
These treats are best served frozen! Make sure your ref cake sits in the freezer overnight or about 4 to 6 hours before serving.
It’s never too late to let the kids help out in the kitchen! Read more easy recipes with canned fruits for more #pinaSARAP moments, and get your Mega Prime products delivered to you through Shopee and Lazada!