Craving for some Italian cuisine? We’ve made a short list of delicious ulam ideas for dinner that can all go together for your next dinner gathering with the family.
We’ve got 3 must-have ulam ideas for dinner when it comes to Italian cuisine. Classic Chicken Parmesan is the quintessential Italian Sunday dinner for the family. This dish brings lots of flavor even with such a simple dish. Remember to pound the chicken breasts thin before frying it. We used a traditional method when it came to breading the cutlets with flour, egg wash, and seasoned breadcrumbs. We can’t wait for you to try these ulam ideas for dinner!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 TB cream (milk or water will work to – I used thinned down sour cream)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 ½ cup of Mega Prime Choices Bread Crumbs (230g)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 quart Marinara Sauce see my recipe
- 2 cups grated/shredded whole milk mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one chicken breast inside a gallon size ziplock bag. Using the smooth side of a kitchen mallet pound the chicken breast to an even size all around, approximately ½ inch. Take out and set aside. Pound the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Prepare three trays for the breading process. Put the flour in tray number 1 and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat three eggs with the cream. Pour eggs into tray number 2. Add salt, pepper and ½ of the minced parsley to the eggs. Add the breadcrumbs to tray number 3. Mix in the parmesan cheese.
- To bread, dredge each breast in the flour on both sides, dip in the egg wash, and finally cover with breadcrumbs. Set aside and finish breading the rest of the cutlets.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet until very hot. Cook two cutlets at a time. Turn when it starts to get a golden color and cook on the other side. They will cook fast on the outside, and finish cooking in the oven. Drain on a paper towel and finish frying the rest of the cutlets.
- Add 4 big spoonfuls of Marinara sauce to the bottom of a large lasagna pan or baking pan. Arrange the cutlets in a single layer or slightly overlapping. Add a spoonful of Marinara sauce over each cutlet and around the sides. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the cutlets, and finish with the rest of flat leaf parsley.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the cheese is starting to turn golden brown. The time will vary depending on the size of the cutlets.
- Serve once done!
Rosemary Mushroom Risotto
This rosemary mushroom risotto is creamy, luxurious, and incredibly satisfying, these dishes are must-have ulam ideas for dinner. There are many different variations out there and one of the more popular combinations is with mushrooms and peas. Sounds good to me! In this vegan rendition, since we are not adding any dairy cheese or cream, I like to create a strong depth of flavor with mustard and miso (a trick I learned while working as a server in a restaurant in NYC).
- 8 cups vegetable broth (low- or no-sodium)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms caps, packed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon mellow white miso
- 1 to 2 cups of Mega Prime Green Peas (155g)
- Vegan parmesan, shredded, to taste
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add broth to a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat, then add olive oil, mushrooms, onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until onions are soft. Add garlic, rosemary, nutritional yeast and arborio rice. Stirring often, cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until garlic is soft and rice is toasted. Add the wine, mustard, and miso and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until the wine has evaporated, stir frequently so the bottom won’t burn.
- Once the wine is evaporated, add 1 cup of warm broth to the rice mixture. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the broth is absorbed. Repeat this step, adding the broth in 1 cup increments, until risotto becomes thick and creamy. This should take about 20-30 minutes. If the risotto seems done, give it a taste and you will know. The rice should be chewy, firm, yet tender. You may not use all of the broth and that’s ok. Don’t have a meltdown.
- At this point, you can fold in whatever vegetables you are using along with the shredded vegan parm. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the asparagus is tender and the peas are bright green. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Italian Sweet Corn Salad with Pecorino Cheese
To finish our 3 italian ulam ideas for dinner we have this easy Italian-inspired corn salad which is filled with so much flavor! Make it with fresh off-the-cob summer corn kernels or frozen corn, both ways will still make a delicious meal for dinner with the family.
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pound (450 g) Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn (425g)
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (35 g) grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup (30 g) fresh basil or Italian parsley sprigs, torn or roughly chopped
- Put the olive oil and shallot in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, chili and garlic with 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir together. Turn the heat down to medium and cook the corn without stirring for 2 minutes, or until it begins to caramelize lightly.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the scallions. Shave some cheese over the corn with a vegetable peeler or grate with rasp grater. Sprinkle the basil over and serve warm or at room temperature.
Let us know in the comments how your family dinner went with these ulam ideas for dinner! We would also love to know more about which ingredients you want new recipes for. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family, we hope you continue to support the Prime Mom Club.
Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Gather more #EverydayEasySarap tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms only from Prime Mom Club.