Busy moms are the new, modern day heroes whose daily struggle is to deliver at work while being on top of their family’s needs. While rushed mornings have become part of the family life, it doesn’t change the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Let these simple breakfast recipes help you work your magic in the kitchen for quick, filling, and nourishing morning platters!
Fluffy scrambled eggs with beans, fresh herbs, chewy bits of mushroom and gooey cheese in a crunchy golden exterior – every serving of this breakfast recipe is a sure, chipper way to get your family up and ready for the day. And all it takes is just about 25 minutes! Here’s how you get these quesadillas coming.
- 2 eggs
- Hot sauce
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup Mega Prime Garbanzos
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 medium whole grain tortilla
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- Salsa or additional hot sauce, for serving
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Mix in hot sauce and salt before adding Mega Prime Garbanzos.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat until small bubbles are visible. Pour in egg mixture and stir for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Transfer scrambled eggs into a bowl and combine with green onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm the tortilla over medium heat, flipping occasionally. Once pan and tortilla are warm, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla. Top cheese with cooked eggs before adding in the rest of the cheese.
- Fold and press the empty half of the tortilla over the stack of cheese and eggs. Let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until the bottom becomes golden and crispy. Then flip and let the other side reach the same crisp, golden exterior. Be careful not to burn your tortilla!
- Once golden and crispy on both sides, remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board. Let it cool and rest for a few minutes before slicing into 2 or into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve while hot with salsa or hot sauce on the side.
Peanut Butter-Banana Yogurt Parfaits
Vanilla yogurt with bananas, peanuts and multigrain cereal, delectable peanut butter-banana yogurt parfaits are the crunchier, healthier alternative to a plain and boring peanut butter sandwich! Tomorrow’s on-the-go breakfast takes only 5 minutes for prep time!
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup dried banana chips, crushed
- 1 cup corn flake cereal
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
*Makes 4 servings
Clean 4 parfait glasses before layering and stacking each with 3/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup banana chips and 1/4 cup cereal.
Top each serving with banana slices and peanuts.
Bacon Breakfast Pizza
Who doesn’t love bacon, really? Even on-the-go, you can always treat the family to this savory breakfast favorite with a simple breakfast pizza recipe. Breakfast with bacon? All done in 30 minutes!
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pack or 3 oz bacon bits
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
*Makes 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll pizza crust and press onto the bottom of a greased 15x10x1 inch pan. Using a fork, prick holes on the dough. Brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Bake for 7 – 8 minutes or until dough is light brown.
- Combine eggs and water and cook in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon cooked eggs over light brown dough. Top with bacon bits and cheeses before putting it back in the oven. Bake for 5 -7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cooking up these breakfast recipes can be more hassle-free! Check out more practical kitchen tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms!