One of the most versatile vegetables there is, is corn. It can be used as a key ingredient in either a savory or sweet dish. Below, we created easy canned corn recipes that you can create and enjoy with the family for more #pinaSARAP moments!
Mega Prime Corn Fritters
These corn fritters are sweet and delicate – a great finger food for the kids and definitely a newer and fresher way to serve your canned corn or any vegetables.
- 3 cups Mega Prime Quality Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sliced scallions, for serving
- Garlic mayo, for dipping
- In a large bowl, put Mega Prime Kernel Corn, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, eggs, and heavy cream together. Stir until batter is well-combined.
- Pour in vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, scoop small mounds of the corn batter into the pan, spreading lightly into a flat circular shape. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Transfer the fritters into a cooling rack and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with scallions and serve with garlic mayo for dipping. Enjoy!
No-Churn Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Does your family love mais con yelo? Try serving this no-frills sweet corn ice cream that is just as cold, sweet, and refreshing!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 can Mega Prime Quality Cream Style Corn
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla, Mega Prime Quality Cream Style Corn and a pinch of salt then set aside.
- In a different bowl, whip the heavy cream until firm peaks form. Fold 1 cup of whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Repeat process until both mixtures are well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into a chilled metal loaf pan, cover and freeze for 5 hours until thick, creamy and scoopable. Enjoy!
Mexican-Style Corn Nachos
Elote or Mexican street corn is a cultural staple. A classic way to enjoy it is to eat the flavorful corn off the cob. Here’s a family-style take that will leave your family craving for more. You can even substitute the cheeses (cheddar for Monterey Jack and feta for the cotija).
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 can Mega Prime Quality Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, divided, plus wedges for serving
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 1 package tortilla chips (about 9 oz)
- 2 ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a skillet with olive oil over high heat, add Mega Prime Quality Whole Kernel Corn and season with salt and pepper. Toss and cook for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in jalapeño and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir in sour cream, mayo, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a baking sheet, layer tortilla chips with Monterey Jack cheese. Broil for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with corn mixture and garnish with mayo mixture, cotija cheese, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
Want more yummy canned corn ideas from Mega Prime? Go ahead and check out our Cheesy Corn Brulee Dip recipe or our Corn Potato Salad recipe. Get more #pinaSARAP moments with all Mega Prime products available on Shopee and Lazada!