Sweet and Sour Tofu #pinaSARAP with Mushrooms
A savory recipe with sweet and sour sauce to coat the crispy tofu…made healthy with added ingredients like baguio beans, pineapple tidbits , carrots, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers to make this a delightful meal.
1 can Mega Prime Whole Mushrooms
10 pcs. Tofu ,cut into cubes
1 pc. medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 pc. medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 pc. medium carrot , cut into strips
1 pack Tomato sauce
1 pack Pineapple Tidbits
1/2 cup Baguio beans ,cut into halves
3 gloves garlic ,crushed
1 pc. medium onion, mince
4 tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Vinegar
2 cups water
2 tbsp. cornstarch
Cooking oil for frying
- Fry the tofu. Set Aside.
- In a pan, saute onion and garlic, add the baguio beans and mushrooms.
- Add tomato sauce,water and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Dilute cornstarch in water. Set aside.
- Add sugar then pour the cornstarch mixture. Mix thoroughly to make a smooth sauce and until it reaches your desired thickness of the sauce. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the fried Tofu in the pan. Mix.
- Lastly, add the pineapple tidbits, red and green bell pepper. Mix and simmer for a few minutes.