Calabasa Corn Chowder
This thick creamy soup provides a sweet savory mix of flavors that can be served as a snack or a meal. It uses only 3 easy to find ingredients that makes it so easy to make. Heavy on the tummy but very light on the budget. Definitely a dish everyone in the family would love.
- 1/2 kilo ripe calabasa, sliced into chunks (2 inches big)
- 1 can MegaPrime kernel corn
- 1 can (250 ml) evaporated milk
- Salt for taste
- Boil calabasa pieces with salt just until soft. Drain excess water.
- Mix and mash the calabasa in a bowl into a smooth consistency, using a fork or hand mixer, pouring in the milk alternately.
- When texture is smooth, add the MegaPrime kernel corn. Just use half of the can. Put aside the rest for later.
- Simmer under very low fire until slightly boiling.
- Remove from fire then serve, adding the remaining kernel corn as a topping.
Serves 3-4 people.