Packed with flavor extracted from simmered oysters, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce is one of those products that every Prime Mom’s kitchen should never be without. Read on for a quick read through on why, along with sample ways on how you can use it to make everyday meals pinaSARAP!
Why Mega Prime Oyster Sauce is a Sure Kitchen Staple
Just like how a pro needs his tools to get a job done, Prime Moms need their kitchen staples to serve pinaSARAP meals for the family. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce is one of these go-tos in the kitchen, and here’s why.
You can keep spills and accidental messes out of your worries when working in the kitchen. A no-fuss product in terms of how to use, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce comes in easy-to-squeeze bottles with twist caps!
Instant Flavor Enhancer
Did you know that oysters are naturally umami in flavor? That’s what makes Mega Prime Oyster Sauce a good addition to any dish! Every drop of its rich-flavored, light brown liquid pleasantly combines well with other sauces and ingredients!
Because oyster sauce tends to enhance any dish’s flavor, you can use it in a variety of ways. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce is delicious as a dipping sauce, an ingredient in a soup and as sauce for greens! Check out these simple recipes:
As a Dipping Sauce: Thai Dipping Sauce
Usually paired with seafood, this Thai dipping sauce adds a bright, tangy punch to anything grilled or fried.
- 2 Tbsp. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- 1 cup lime juice
- ¼ cup garlic, chopped
- 6 – 10 hot peppers, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, root and stems chopped
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- Mix all ingredients with a food processor or blender.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl and cover. Set aside for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Top with cilantro leaves or green onions before serving alongside a main dish.
As Soup Ingredient: Braised Chicken Noodle Soup
No need to wait for the rain to drop when you have a chicken noodle soup that’s this easy to prepare. In this recipe, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce and soy sauce work together to add a savory flavor to the broth.
- 3 Tbsp. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 200g egg noodles
- 500g chicken thigh and leg
- 1 pc. chicken broth cube
- 2 pcs. thumb–sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch onion spring stalks, chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pc. star anise
- 1 ½ Tbsp. sugar
- Bok choy, blanched
- Green onions, chopped for garnishing
- Cook noodles as instructed on its packaging. Set aside.
- Clean chicken, removing excess skin.
- Combine chicken, spices (ginger, garlic, onion, onion stalks, black pepper, broth cube, star anise, sugar), sauces (Mega Prime Oyster Sauce and soy sauce) and water. Cover, boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Switch off heat and leave to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Scoop chicken out and chop according to preference. Set aside.
- Filter out solids from broth. Simmer broth and season with salt, if needed.
- Set noodles in a bowl and pour broth onto the noodles. Add chicken pieces, bok choy and chopped green onions. Serve while hot.
As Sauce or Dressing for Vegetables: Bok Choy with Oyster Sauce
Make sure to add a no-fuss, nutritious dish to every meal. The rich flavor of the sauce coats every veggie crunch with a sweet and salty taste so good, you’ll want to drizzle some on a bowl of rice!
- 1 Tbsp. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- 6 pcs. baby bok choy
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. cooking oil
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2 dashes of pepper powder
For garlic garnish:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oil
- Heat up a wok or pan. Pour 1 tsp. cooking oil, and fry garlic until light brown. Scoop out and set aside.
- Use a pot to boil water. Pour 2 small drops of cooking oil into the water. Once water boils, drop bok choy into it and blanch for a max of 30 seconds. Take out vegetables before they turn slightly wilted. Set aside on a serving plate. .
- Pour remaining cooking oil in a pan. Once heated, add Mega Prime Oyster Sauce, water, sugar and pepper powder. Stir until well-blended and hot. Drench over blanched bok choy.
- Top dish with previously fried garlic, and serve while hot.
Mega Prime Oyster Sauce and other Mega Prime products are available online via Megamart, Shopee, Lazada, and in Robinsons, Puregold and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide! Learn more ways to use oyster sauce along with handy kitchen tips by Prime Moms for Prime Moms.