We Filipinos love everyday saucy dishes such as Adobo, Afritada, Chopsuey, and Caldereta. And that’s why you can never have too much sauce in stock! But aside from the usuals like soy sauce and fish sauce, be sure to keep a Mega Prime Oyster Sauce bottle on hand and ready. Read through this quick read for a feature on oyster sauce and the benefits of having Mega Prime Oyster Sauce as a kitchen staple.
Oyster Sauce 101
But first, what is oyster sauce? What’s in it that makes it a yummy addition to the daily dishes that we prepare for the family?
Oyster sauce is a dark, rich and syrupy sauce that’s a mixture of caramelized oyster extracts, salt and sugar. Originating in China in 1888, oyster sauce was widely used in Cantonese cooking then was later shared with other cuisines such as Thai and Vietnamese.
If you check online on what oyster sauce tastes like, the usual description would be that it has an earthy, sweet and salty taste. While such a description is not wrong, oyster sauce packs a unique flavor.
- Due to the caramelization involved in the process of preparing the sauce, its sweetness is dark and complex without being too sweet.
- Its saltiness is less like the regular table salt and tastes more like sea salt.
- The oysters naturally enrich the sauce’s flavor with umami and rich savory goodness.
Despite being made from seafood, oyster sauce does not smell and taste as fishy as fish sauce, and also tends to be a little less salty compared to soy sauce.
Say ‘MalinamYumm’ with Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
Mega Prime Choices Oyster Sauce is an all-around sauce that Prime Moms will love to have around in the kitchen. It’s a Thai blend of sweet, salty and umami that packs the following pinaSARAP benefits:
Mega Prime Oyster Sauce has the right balance of saltiness and sweetness that moms can easily infuse into their everyday dishes. In fact, it pairs well with other pantry staples such as mirin and soy sauce for a pinaSARAP pancit or stir-fry noodles.
Eat with less worry about heart conditions and the like. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce has no cholesterol and no MSG.
While usually for stir-fried dishes, oyster sauces such as Mega Prime Oyster Sauce may be used in a variety of ways. It can also be used as a marinade for meat, a flavor-enhancer for soups, a dressing or garnish for steamed vegetables and a dipping sauce. Check out this simple oyster dipping sauce recipe that works well with beef and chicken.
- 3 tbsp. Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ginger, finely sliced
Simply combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, and keep in the refrigerator until meal or snack time.
Mega Convenient to Use
Packed in stylish, squeezable PET bottles, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce is non-fragile, and easy-to-use while offering more control of your sauce’s flow.
A Few PinaSARAP Reminders with Oyster Sauce
To bring out its flavors as well as help it enrich your daily dishes, it’s important to know a few dos and don’ts when using oyster sauce. Consider these pointers:
- Make a habit out of adding your oyster sauce near the end of your cooking. The longer you cook oyster sauce, the more it may lose its umami flavor and become bitter in taste.
- Similar to the previous item, avoid cooking with oyster sauce on high heat.
- Be sure to be on top of your dish’s saltiness when using salt and oyster sauce in one recipe.
Make every day cooking pinaSARAP with more helpful kitchen reads and tips approved by Prime Moms.