Easy Snack Recipes for Your Kid’s Baon!
Make sure your children’s baon is cool for school! Here are easy snack recipes to learn, straight from the Prime Mom Club!
Honestly, who doesn’t like pizza? For a truly Filipino rendition of this classic Italian dish, use pandesal as your pizza crust! It’s easier to find one in local bakeries, and definitely more nutritious than frozen, pre-packed pizza dough. For children who cringe at the sight of chunky veggies, a pro tip would be to cut the vegetables into tiny pieces. Pick your child’s favorite meat and vegetable toppings, and top it all off with Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms! Check out this recipe and create your own homemade snack pizza any day!
4 big pan de sal, sliced in two, crosswise, and toasted
- 1 (450 grams) pack tomato sauce
- 1 (170 grams) pack tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 4 pieces ham, chopped
- ¼ can Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms (or as needed)
- Grated cheese
- In a bowl, make the pizza sauce by mixing tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, garlic and paprika.
- Brush the pizza sauce on the surface of each pan de sal slice.
- On each slice, top with mushrooms, ham, cheese, and other ingredients you may prefer.
- Place the bread in an oven toaster two at a time and bake until cheese melts. Serve hot.
Nacho Chips with Hummus
Pack healthy snacks for your teenager’s study sessions that suit their adolescent taste buds! Instead of letting them snack on junk food, pack them unsalted nacho chips with a special dip: hummus! This dip is made from cooked and mashed chickpeas (locally known as garbanzos), blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and other spices. This easy hummus recipe is popular in Middle Eastern cuisine, and would certainly be a great snack to try for adventurous foodie teenagers. Use Mega Prime Garbanzos for high quality chickpeas!
- 1 can Mega Prime Garbanzos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste; optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Noodle dishes can be quite a hassle to do for packed lunches, especially since the sauce can make the noodles limp and soggy. Why not give a twist to this classic party fare by deep-frying the noodles? Make it easier to eat by deep-frying the noodles into bite-sized pieces, and turning the usual flavoring into a dipping sauce! Cook this recipe with Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli Noodles, perfect for different noodle dishes!
- 1 pack Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli Noodles
- 100 gram snow peas
- 1/4 cup carrots, julliened
- 1 pc chinese chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 pcs squid balls, sliced into 3 each
- 10 pcs shrimps, peeled
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Salt & peper, to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Chopped spring onions, for garnish
- Deep fry sotanghon noodles. Transfer in a plate. Set aside.
- In a pan, saute onions and garlic in oil Add squid balls, cooked chicken, chorizo and carrots.
- Add chicken broth and oyster sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the dissolved cornstarch and the snow peas.
- Pour over the sauce, meat and vegetables over the crispy sotanghon.
- Garnish with spring onions. Serve.
Packing your children’s baon can be more fun with these easy snack recipes and easy-to-use ingredients! Mega Prime Canned Vegetables help make prep time a breeze with its unique easy open can technology!
With Mega Prime, it’s easy to create kitchen magic–turning simple dishes into magical meals. All the flavors you’re looking for are kept fresh and intact, helping you make sure you’re serving nothing but the best to your family. Be the savvy chef you’ve always wanted to be with Mega Prime!
Mega Prime is part of the Mega Global Corporation, a leading manufacturer and distributor of canned goods. For easy snack recipes and other exciting kitchen ideas, join our Prime Mom Club!