Every family has a special dessert recipe that would bring back nostalgic memories. With the natural way we reach for sweets after every meal, it wouldn’t be surprising if we see the world “Filipinos” as a synonym for “dessert lovers.” Take a bite out of this sweet list of prime sweets, made to suit the Filipino palate!
Dessert Recipes to Try This Weekend
Eat your heart out with these sweet dessert recipes for the family! Give these Prime Mom Club-approved treats a try this weekend!
Sweet Corn Tempura
A lot of people may think of savoury main dishes when they hear “tempura.” But did you know that dessert tempura also exists? The word “tempura” refers to a Japanese style of frying where ingredients are dipped in batter and deep-fried. Make dessert tempura an exciting addition to your snack table! Try this classic recipe with Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn! On a hot afternoon, top off the dish with vanilla ice cream and brown sugar syrup (locally known as “arnibal”). The right mix of hot and cold makes an amazing medley of textures in the mouth!
- 3 cups oil for frying
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 1 can Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 185 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture. Mix in the corn kernels.
- Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil, and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
Don’t let the fancy-sounding name intimidate you! Peach cobblers are some of the easiest desserts to make, making it perfect for the busy mom! Check out this recipe for a dessert that will give you extra savings and will satisfy your family’s sweet cravings! Use Mega Prime Canned Peaches as the centerpiece for this easy-peasy dish! It’s made from fresh, tree-ripened yellow cling peaches which are firm in texture and crisp to the bite.
- 1/2 cup butter-melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can Mega Prime Canned Peaches, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour melted butter into baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and milk to combine, then pour the batter over the melted butter. Do not stir.
- Place the peaches on top of the batter and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Coffee Nata de Coco with Kaong
Nata de coco and kaong with a coffee kick? Yes, please! This dessert is easy peasy to prepare with Mega Prime Coffee Nata de Coco. A perfect dessert for both kids and adults, it’s sure to be a hit in many Filipino dessert tables.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup all-purpose cream or heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Mega Prime Coffee Nata de Coco
- ½ cup Kaong
- Whip the all-purpose cream and condensed milk then chill.
- Place nata de coco and kaong in a large bowl and mix them together gently.
- Chill overnight before serving.
Make dessert time more appetizing and enjoyable with Mega Prime Canned Fruits! Prep time is now faster and easier with our easy-open cans, so we can serve hungry tummies in as fast as 1, 2, 3!
Mega Prime is part of the Mega Global Corporation, a leading manufacturer and distributor of canned goods. If you would like to know more about dessert recipes and other exciting things that you can do with the Prime Mom Club, feel free to explore our official website.